BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

"I ain't the Lord, no I'm just a fool, Learning..."

I've decided that I am the most impatient person in the world. There's so many things in my life right now that I'm just waiting for... and I don't really have much else to do other than wait. I'm waiting for Blockbuster to phone me, although I'm starting to think that I'm doing that in vain. I'm waiting to find out my dorm situation for this year. I'm waiting for when I get to see Corey again. I'm waiting for the wedding coming up next weekend. I'm waiting for school to start... And in the meantime I sit here with my roommates, I read, and I blog. 

I slept until 12:30 today. It's actually quite ironic because just last night I was talking to Corey on the phone, trying to argue my case because he suggested that I sleep until noon all the time. I told him that I don't and was very firm in my defense. And then I slept till noon this morning. Until 12:30 actually, which is a half an hour worse. In my defense, I had a really bad sleep last night. I have been having a hard time sleeping a lot lately actually. It's frustrating. I couldn't fall asleep last night so I decided to just stop trying. I made myself perogies at 1 o'clock in the morning. Here's a word of caution for y'all: don't eat perogies at 1 o'clock in the morning. Worst idea of my life. After creeping facebook for a little while longer, I tried my hand at sleep again, but it took a long time to drift off and I woke up a number of times. So I slept until 12:30. It's only fair. 

And now I'm waiting for my laundry to be done. Tick tock, tick tock.

I was reading Psalm 139 yesterday for the umpteenth time. It's one of my favourite psalms, it always makes me feel so loved and protected. The cool thing though, is that this time I noticed a couple verses that I never really paid all the much attention to before. I always read them, but this time they just seemed more alive, more relevant I guess. Not that they weren't relevant before... but I just seemed to noticed them now. Which is unfortunate for me. 

"Search me, O God, and know my heart! 
Try me and know my thoughts!
And see if there be any grievous way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting!"
Psalm 139:23-24

That's what my prayer is. God knows me better than anyone. I know this from reading the first 16 verses of this Psalm. God knows me better than I even know myself, so who better to ask than Him? I'm always seeing new sin in my life that I never even knew existed. Sometimes we can get so caught up in one sin that we forget or ignore another. So my prayer is that God would reveal my sin to me so that we can deal with it together. 

I think my laundry is done now.
Until next time... 

0 comments: