Oh my lanta, I am SO bored! ha.
In regard to my last post, I've moved all my stuff over to girl's dorm, but haven't unpacked yet. It's kind of ironic since in my last post I was telling you about how much I love to unpack. Well... right now, I don't really feel like unpacking, lol. So instead I am reading and blogging, two things that I seem to do a lot lately; I guess you could call them my hobbies. How exciting! I've never really had a hobby before. I'm one of those people who you would call skill-less. I have no skills. Lame.
So the wait for dorm room arrangements is over! Tim and Stacey sent all the emails out last night. Well, this morning actually. The email was sent at 1:56 am. I got it this morning when I woke up. I'm actually pretty happy about the way things ended up. I have Lou as my RA (I requested this), and Robyn, a girl that I know from home, as my roommate (I requested this as well). I got the bedroom with the small window though, that's the only thing I don't like much, but what can you do? I had a big window last year. I share the apartment with Megan Dyer, as well as two other freshman. They have to share the bunk-bed room- that is going to suck! There's only one dresser and then a closet. ANYways... their names as Danielle and Holly. I have to say that I am very excited for the start of the school year. Not so much for the actual school part... mainly just for all the people. Oh the wonderful people! How I miss them. This building has been too empty for far too long.
Corey's here now. I saw him around noon today. I didn't realize I had missed him so much. It felt so good to be folded in his arms again. Sadly, he has left. He's gone golfing with a couple of his professors (that makes me giggle a little). I'm not sure if Barry Howson ended up going, but I know Corey invited him. Corey's dream: Golf and Barry Howson- all at the same time, haha. I've come to learn that golfing takes forever, so I should expect Corey back around 5... maybe a little later. Maybe a lot later, lol. Who knows!? But on the bright side, we're going to Barrie tonight. It'll be the last time I see my family before school starts, and once school starts I probably won't see them until Thanksgiving. So needless to say I'm excited to spend a few days there. I believe that we're coming back on Friday. Ben and Jess' wedding is on Saturday, which I am also excited for. So much excitement all at once... I think my head might explode. Or my heart.
I've decided that I want to read through Daniel. I don't know why I picked that book exactly. Crazy dreams, fiery furnaces, and hungry lions? Hmm... maybe I do know why. I read this one verse the other day and I knew that my name belonged in it.
Daniel 5:23
And you have praised the gods of silver and gold, of bronze, iron, wood, and stone, which do not see or hear or know, but the God in whose hand is your breath, and whose are all your ways, you have not honored.
Daniel says this to the king after he interprets the handwriting, and God is saying this to me.
I need to set my priorities straight. I have to stop worshipping the gold in my life, whether it's the computer, money, books, writing... my relationship with Corey. They all may be important things to me, but God needs to become and remain number one in my life. Everything else is just temporary, why would I ever put them before my Jesus?
I think that's all for now.
A few things that I have to remember to take home with me (maybe writing them down will help me not to forget):
My microwave. The one at my house is on the fritz, so they are in of the one they gave me. Dang.
My cellphones. Yes, I have more than one. My dad needs a new one... his broke. Dang.
0 comments:
Post a Comment