I read Matthew 5:3-4 today.
3Blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 4Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted.
It's wonderful how Jesus addressed being poor in spirit first. I think that humility and realizing our utter need for God in our lives is so important in understanding the rest of it. He's so smart :) I hope that God would continue to help me further recognize my need for Him in my life. That He would remind of this every second of every day. When I fail to live this truth out I try to take hold of the steering wheel. And let's face it-- I'm the worst driver in the whole world. I crash and then I burn. The god news is that along with blessing the poor in spirit, God comforts those who mourn. When we sin we experience loss whether it be spiritual, or emotional, or... whatever else. As a result of this we begin to mourn and our spirits long for God's healing and forgiveness. Isn't it wonderful that He promises to comfort us? To comfort me. Little old me. Yay :)
I went to see a movie tonight with Kristyn and Candice. They were on their way home from Barrie and decided to drop by and hang with me for a while. Have you ever come out of a movie with this overwhelming urge to reenact everything you just saw? Well that's how I feel right now. Except that I don't feel like swashbuckling or delivering roundhouse kicks to someone's face, lol. And I do not believe that if I say the word 'lumous' with enough gusto light will suddenly burst forth from a stick I'm holding. I feel like cooking. And just like I don't know how to deliver any sort of kick to anyone's head, I have absolutely no idea how to cook. We watched Julie & Julia and it was wonderful! I didn't expect it to be so funny, but I found myself laughing out loud a lot... and quite loud, but that's normal. It was funny because we realized that the three of us were the youngest people in the entire theatre. By a lot. No joke... I believe that every other person in the theater was over the age of 60. It made us chuckle... I guess we're a bunch of old souls when it comes to our taste in movies. We also noticed a very odd thing: two people were sitting in the very front row. This wouldn't have been so odd except for the fact that the theater wasn't even half full and they had dozens of other, better seats to choose from. They intentionally, willingly sat in the first row. Now if that isn't weird then I don't know what is! Who likes to have to follow the always moving characters with their heads instead of their eyes? Who enjoys seeing the actors' actual pores, up-close and personal? Maybe they like to feel like they're in the movie. Who knows? All I know is that sitting that close actually makes to start to feel sick!
I also know that I love Meryl Streep. And this movie made me love her even more. She is such a wonderful actress. I think she could play any character in the world.
Oh and another thing... that movie made me so hungry. I think I'm going to make myself something right now.
Bon Appétit!
0 comments:
Post a Comment