Today I was reading a few verses in Hebrews about forgiveness and Christ's blood being the ultimate sacrifice and for some reason I started thinking about Abraham and God asking him to sacrifice his son Isaac.
I thought about how ready and willing Abraham was to obey God in anything that He asked him to do. How difficult that must have been for him, how torn his heart must have been. Or maybe... maybe his heart wasn't torn at all. Perhaps he was so in love with his Lord and creator that it wasn't hard for him at all. His sovereign God was asking him to do something--why should he have to think twice about it.
Yet I sit here when God asks me to do things because it seems to be so difficult for me to just obey though what he requires of me is so small and easy compared to what God asked Abraham. I don't do things God asks of me because I am too tired, or it takes too much time or work. God sacrificed His only Son for me, who am I to not give Him some of my time--ALL of my time? That every waking moment of my life would be glorifying to Him.
I know and believe that God is more important than anything or anyone... it's just living it out that seems to be impossible for me. But I know it's not impossible if I would just look to Him for help, strength and guidance. When I get distracted I need His Holy Spirit to tug at my heart, gently reminding me of what's more important.
My prayer for myself, and for you... whoever you are... is that the Lord would give us Grace to to love Him more than we love anyone or anything, and Grace to put our relationship with Him above any other relationship.
God be the center of my world.
Saturday, December 19, 2009
God's Love Language.
Posted by Cait... at 4:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment